PILOT TOOLS (Pty) Ltd
EFFECTIVE DATE: This Policy was last revised on 14-03-2016. You are advised to regularly check the Website for any amendments or updates.
1. Personal Information Collection And Use
- Pilot Tools and/or its authorised technology agents may collect, process, and store certain Personal Information from You in connection with Your use of the Website and/or the products and/services provided to You by Pilot Tools.
- first name and surname,
- email address,
- telephone number,
- profession or occupation,
- any additional information necessary to deliver our products,
- details of responses to Your enquiries and any online communications between us and You, and
- any unsolicited information provided to us that we could have otherwise lawfully collected.
- We collect Personal Information from the following entities:
- natural persons over 18,
- juristic persons such as companies duly represented by a representative,
- users who have registered on the website
- website visitors, and
- people who send enquiries or requests to our contact email address.
- Should the information we collect personally identify You, or You are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered Personal Information
- Pilot Tools uses online forms to collect Personal Information. By submitting information, You expressly consent to the collection, processing, sharing and storage of Your Personal Information as defined in this Policy.
- Pilot Tools may also automatically collect and store non-personally identifiable information related to Your use of the Site. Non-personally identifiable information may include Personal Information that has been aggregated.
- We may share non-personally identifiable information with third parties for certain reasons, including advertising, marketing and/or other purposes.
- Your Personal Information is used to provide You with the requested products and/or services; to enable ease of use of the Website; to process transactions concluded by You; to process and respond to any complaint made by You; to engage in electronic communications and transactions with You; to update our records and keep Your contact details up to date; to administer promotions or surveys or similar interactive activity; or to provide You with marketing materials.
- Personal Information is automatically collected in relation to Your visit to the Website, such information includes but is not limited to: Your browser type and version, Your operating system, Your IP address as well as Your geo-location
- We are also able to use the information collected to improve our internal business processes. We research our users’ habits, measure traffic patterns in the aggregate, analyse trends, administer the Website, track users movements and gather broad demographic information. Please refer to our Cookies Policy for further information .
- Pilot Tools uses Google Universal Analytics, which supports data collection without browser cookies. It helps Us to understand user interaction with Our Website and implement changes that evolve the Website to suit Your needs.
- The Website hosting agents and/or service providers may automatically log Your “IP address” which is a unique identifier for Your computer and/or other access device. Such information collected is for aggregate purposes only and cannot be used to identify You personally.
2. Conset To Process Personal Information
- You understand that Your consent to the processing of Your Personal Information by Pilot Tools pertains to the provision of products and services; as well as associated purposes. Processing shall include the collection, receipt, recording, organisation, collation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation, use; dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form; or merging, linking, as well as blocking, degradation, erasure or destruction of information.
- By using our website, You represent that You are of the age of 18 or that a Competent Person has given consent to allow Your minor child to utilise our website. You, or a ‘Competent Person’ in the case of a minor, consent/s to the processing of Personal Information that belongs to You or, in the case of a minor, to the minor for whom You are responsible, in the manner described in this Policy. You agree that giving such consent means that You have given Pilot Tools permission to collect and process the child’s Personal Information in the ways described in this Policy.
- Where You are duly authorised by a company, You hereby confirm that You have the relevant authority to use the Website and become a User.
- This consent is effective on access of the Website and will endure until Your relationship with Pilot Tools has been terminated.
- You expressly consent to Pilot Tools retaining Your Personal Information once Your relationship with Pilot Tools has been terminated for: aggregate, statistical and reporting purposes.
- Personal Information may be processed by Pilot Tools in the country where it was collected as well as other countries where laws regarding processing of Personal Information differ.
3. Handeling Of Personal Information
- Pilot Tools endeavours to comply with all laws and regulations applicable to Pilot Tools pertaining to information and communications privacy including, but not limited to, the 1996 South African Constitution and the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“the Act”). Pilot Tools applies the principles of protection of Personal Information under such Act in further legislation referred to in the Act.
- Pilot Tools seeks to ensure the quality, accuracy and confidentiality of Personal Information in its possession.
- You have the right to correct and update Your Personal Information as well as to revoke Your consent to the processing of Your Personal Information by Pilot Tools. You do, however, understand that Pilot Tools requires Your Personal Information to render the products and/or services and should You decide to revoke Your consent Pilot Tools may not be able to provide You with such products and/or services.
- There may be instances where we cannot grant You access to the Personal Information we hold. We may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. Should this be the case, we will give You written reasons for any refusal.
- Pilot Tools will take all reasonable measures in order to ensure Your Personal Information is appropriately safeguarded, these precautions include, but are not limited to: the use of a sufficiently secure server and providing suitably secure payment mechanisms.
- Should an unauthorised person/s gain access to Your Personal Information Pilot Tools will contact You within a reasonable time to inform You of the security breach.
- As our Website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information You communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information You supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any Personal Information or other information which You transmit to us online is transmitted at Your own risk.
- Pilot Tools may share Your PersonaI Information with authorised third parties persons such as employees and service providers to Pilot Tools. Pilot Tools does not permit these parties to use such information for any other purpose than to perform the services that Pilot Tools has instructed them to provide
- From time to time, Pilot Tools may appoint certain agents, third parties and/or service providers which operate outside the borders of the Republic of South Africa. In these circumstances Pilot Tools will be required to transmit Your Personal Information outside South Africa. The purpose of the trans-border flow of Your Personal Information may include, but is not limited to: data hosting and storage. You expressly consent to the trans-border flow of Your Personal Information. Furthermore, You warrant in this regard that You have obtained the necessary consents required in terms of the Act, in order to enable the trans-border flow of any personal information submitted by You. Pilot Tools warrants in this regard that it shall only engage the services of third parties (in relation to the aforesaid trans-border flow of information) which subscribe acceptable safeguards in accordance with Pilot Tools’ legal obligations .
- Pilot Tools will not sell, exchange or transfer Your Personal Information to any third party except as required in the provision of the Pilot Tools products and/or services and in accordance with the consents provided by You.
- The Site may contain links to other websites. Pilot Tools is not responsible for the privacy practices of third party sites.
4. Disclousre Of Personal Information
- Records relating to the provision of the Pilot Tools products and/or services by Pilot Tools to You and the Personal Information submitted by You may be required to be retained in terms of legislated records retention requirements, Pilot Tools’ operational purposes and/or for production as evidence by Pilot Tools in legal proceedings.
- Pilot Tools may disclose Your Personal Information to:
- our employees to enable us to operate our business;
- fulfill requests by You, and to otherwise provide information and services to You;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business and related purposes; and/or
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with Your express consent.
- Pilot Tools may further disclose Your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- To comply with the law or with legal process;
- To protect and defend Pilot Tools’ rights, equipment, facilities and other property;
- To protect Pilot Tools against misuse or unauthorised use of the Website and/or products and/or services; and/or
- To protect other Website Users or third parties affected negatively by Your actions in use of the products/services and/or the Website.
- Personal Information is stored on servers outside of South Africa. Your Personal Information is transferred across the border of the Republic. You hereby provide us with Your consent to store Your Personal Information outside of South Africa.
- We have placed security safeguards to protect Your Personal Information through agreements concluded with third party service providers. We will not be held liable for any illegal activity or other activity that may result in a claim for damages due to lack of protection of Your Personal Information whilst under the care of the third party.
5. Objections, Compliants And Queries
- We will treat Your requests or complaints confidentially.