PILOT TOOLS (Pty) Ltd
FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS POLICY, PERSONAL INFORMATION IS DEFINED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE DEFINITION PROVIDED FOR IN THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT 4 OF 2013.
This Cookies Policy was last revised on 10 March 2016. You are advised to regularly check the Website for any amendments or updates to this Policy.
Enquiries: You may contact us via the Email Us tab on our Website and follow the Topic: legal Policies, Sub-topic: Cookies Policy
1. Understanding Personal Information
The term “Personal Information” has the meaning given to it in the Act. Generally, it is any information that can be used to personally identify You. This may include Your name, surname, address, telephone number, email address, location information, biometrics and/or occupation. Should the information we collect personally identify You, or You are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
Your Personal Information will not be shared, sold, rented or disclosed other than as described in this Cookies Policy.
2. Cookies and their usage
- A "cookie" is a small file, often encrypted, containing a string of characters that is sent to Your computer or internet device when You initially visit a website and stored in Your browser. Every time You access our Website, a cookie is sent to Your computer or internet device to identify Your browser.
- Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they interact with a website and can identify users returning to a website.
- This information will be used to improve the quality of our services and understand how You interact with us.
- By using this Website, You hereby consent to the collection, processing, sharing and storage of this information. This information will be kept confidential.
- If You chose to use our Website without blocking or disabling cookies, You will indicate Your consent to our use of Personal Information collected by cookies and similar technologies. Your continued use of this Website indicates Your agreement.
- If You continue to use our Website, the cookies sent to Your computer will improve the functionality of the Website.
3. Pilot’s usage of Cookies
- Cookies used by Pilot collect information related to the User’s geo-location which constitutes Personal Information. Pilot tracks geo-location by using the user’s IP address, browser type, date and URl.
4. Blocking cookies
- If You don’t want us to place cookies on Your computer or internet device, then there are a number of ways You can opt out:
- setting Your browser either to reject all cookies,
- to only allow “trusted” sites to set them, or
- to accept only those cookies from the websites which You are currently visiting.
- If You do not want to receive cookies or do not want to be notified when they are placed, You may set Your web browser to do so.
- Blocking cookies may impact the usability of the Website.
- For further information concerning these settings, please Email Us. Please note that without cookies, the functionality of the Website may be impaired.
5. Our Technology Partner
- We work with iGroup to maintain and improve our Website.
6. Security of Personal Information
- We take reasonable steps to ensure Your Personal Information is protected from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold Your information in either electronic or hard copy form.
- We ensure that any company which works with us and collects personal information complies with strict data protection standards. If You have any more questions, please do contact us.
8. Contacting us
- If You have any questions about this Cookies Policy, please use the Email Us hyperlink in the footer of our Website and follow the Topic: Legal Policies, Sub-topic: Cookies Policy.
- We will treat all requests or complaints confidentially.